My Blog Overfloweth!

So here's where you'll find all of my "non-traveling" related posts ~
(Memes, quiz's, contests, and other fun stuff!)

Sunday, December 30, 2007

The Archive Meme - Taking A Look Back

How timely! I've been tagged with a meme to help me "wring out the old & ring in the new!" I'd like to thank my bloggy buddy Kuanyin of Blog-Blond for tagging me with this Archive Meme in which I am supposed go through my blog archives and choose my 5 favorite posts about (1) family (2) friends (3) myself (4) something I love (5) oh boy - my choice!

All this retrospection got me wondering about where this meme started in the first place...so I began backtracking the links beginning with Kuanyin...and 25 blogs later, I'd virtually traveled from Maui to Australia to South Africa, all around Asia, over to Italy and Guatemala, and then right back here to the good ol' USA...where I found the meme's originator ~ Kyra of The 108! Phew! I'm pooped!...but it was totally worth the trip, because Kyra's blog is hilarious and her meme is a GREAT IDEA! She says, "I think this is a great way to circulate some of the great older posts everyone had written, return to a few great places in our memories and also learn a little something about ourselves and each other that we may not know!" I couldn't agree more!
And so, without further adieu...
here there are...
#1) FAMILY:
Even though I don't hang around my "Ex" like I used to, I certainly don't hold anything against her...and as my blog-moistress, still figures prominently in my life...so I guess you could say, in a strange twist of fate, she's become MY biggest supporter. Har-har! Anyway - her family is my family, so I'd have to pick these 2 posts ('cuz they go together) : Olga, the Traveling Bra loves turkey breasts
and...
Olga, the Traveling Bra loves these kids like they were her very own!
#2) FRIENDS:
Where would I be without my friends?!? Probably in the dollar bin at the Salvation Army, that's where! It's hard to choose just one post because ALL of my posts are about friendship in one way or another...but I'm choosing
Chester & Lake Almanor, CaliforniaOlga, the Traveling Bra's bosom buddies Because I had soooooo much fun hanging out with these
Bosom Buddies on the 4th of July
...AND...Weeeeeeeeeee!!!...I learned to waterski!! Weeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

#3) ME:
EASY! Has to be when my Awesome Georgia Chaperon surprised me with this:
None other than famous country western singing star,
Mark Wills serenading me on my birthday!

#4) SOMETHING I LOVE:
A tough choice ~ I love everything! But I will always have a very special place in my heart for the place where it all began...Petaluma, California.
Olga, the Traveling Bra lovesa bigga Italian men with a greata bigga mustachios!In Hot Water: Petaluma, California

#5) MY CHOICE
:
While getting lost in the mail is certainly not my favorite memory, I sure do appreciate the all-out, world-wide effort to locate and rescue me from... Have you seen this bra?  Olga, the Traveling Bra.  Black.  Lacey.  36DD.
Th-th-that's all folks! 'Til next year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Now, according to the instructions of this meme, I must tag 5 other people...including at least TWO of whom are newer acquaintances in order to get to know them better...I think I'd like to get to know ALL these folks better:
Divalicious of Diva
Julie of Julie's Blog
Archive Meme Instructions: Go back through your archives and post the links to your five favorite blog posts that you've written. ... but there is a catch: Link 1 must be about family. Link 2 must be about friends. Link 3 must be about yourself, who you are... what you're all about. Link 4 must be about something you love. Link 5 can be anything you choose. I think this is a great way to circulate some of the great older posts everyone had written, return to a few great places in our memories and also learn a little something about ourselves and each other that we may not know. Post your five links and then tag five other people. At least TWO of the people you tag must be newer acquaintences so that you get to know each other better....and don't forget to read the archive posts and leave comments!

No comments: