My Blog Overfloweth!

So here's where you'll find all of my "non-traveling" related posts ~
(Memes, quiz's, contests, and other fun stuff!)

Monday, November 17, 2008

All We Are Saying...Is Give Peas a Chance!

Yesterday, I was Twittering with some bloggy pals about the my obsession with
SUGAR SNAP PEAS! Yes, those sweet, crunchy, little greens pods of healthy yumminess that frankly, I just can't get anough of!

I told Jaffer of ManiaRavings that
"My dream is to convert EVERYONE from potato chips to
Sugar Snap Peas!"

And he said: "How about a Sugar-Snap meme?"

Me: "SNAP! OK....you start it! LOL!"

Him: "I think I may try my hand at this!"

And sure 'nuff...he did!
Here's Jaffer's SUGAR SNAP PEA MEME
(please check it out)
And here's my contribution:

An Ode To Sugar Snap Peas

Oh how I love my Sugar Snap Peas
I eat them guiltless whenever I please
JUICY and SWEET
I LOVE TO MUNCH 'EM
One after the other
I CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH 'em!
Buy 'em by the bagful
and eat them raw
or dunk 'n dip 'em
You can't go wrong!
40 calories per cup and ZERO fat
Sugar Snap Peas are where it's at!
Protein, fiber and Vitamin C too
Sugar Snap Peas are like a dream come true!
So toss your junk food and take a hike
Crunch on peas while you ride a bike
Soon you'll be happier and healthier too
'Cuz Sugar Snap Peas are GOOD FOR YOU!

Directions: Grab a bag of sugar snap peas and try your hand in composing a sonnet or a quatrain or an ode or a ghazal or even a haiku describing your experiences.
Make it funny, romantic or hateful, we want to see them all!

Please help get this brand new MEME off to a healthy start!
Thanks Jaffer!

No comments: