My Blog Overfloweth!

So here's where you'll find all of my "non-traveling" related posts ~
(Memes, quiz's, contests, and other fun stuff!)

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Favorite Redneck

One of my favoritest bloggers/human beings is Mr. Robert Bourne formerly of Robert's Road, whom I have affectionately dubbed Crusty because of his claims to be a "Crusty Ol' Truck Drivin' Redneck." Perhaps he is, BUT he is also big ol' teddy bear with a heart of gold, wicked of humor, and knack for writing some of the most beautiful, thought provoking poetry I've ever read. Robert has published a book of poetry reflecting his life on the road as a longhaul truck driver; Life and Love, From the Road. He says, "There are many long days and weeks alone in this occupation. This is how I passed the time and dealt with the loneliness."
Check out his website, From The Roads, andpick up a copy his book for yourself!
Oh yeah....and be sure to hug a redneck today too! ;)

No comments: